Andrew Blumenstock ASA, MRICS
Managing Director, Ernst & Young, LLP
- Andrew (Andy) Blumenstock has been a member of Ernst & Young's Transaction Advisory Services practice group since 2002. In this role, he has supported his clients through acquisitions and divestitures ranging from small tuck-in deals to transformative $100 billion mergers providing financial, tax, and operational due diligence, valuation and decision modeling, strategic options analyses, as well as fairness opinions.
- Andy grew up in EY's Valuation, Modeling and Economics practice having executed on hundreds of valuations for purposes including allocation of purchase price for tax and financial reporting, impairment, insurable value, ad valorem tax, component depreciation, asset-based financing, lease pricing, bankruptcy proceedings, interest apportionment, property tax, audit support and litigation support.
- Andy has provided valuation, advisory and consulting services to assist the world's largest asset managers, lessors, and hedge funds with transaction support, alternative investment structuring, FP&A forecast modeling, residual value modeling and policy development, model validation, stress-testing, and econometric forecasting. His leasing sector expertise includes a focus in aviation, rail, automotive, shipping, and technology.
- Andy has assisted several of his lessor, asset management, and banking clients in developing enterprise-wide strategies for their residual setting and lease impairment processes for internal process improvement purposes as well as banking regulatory purposes. The construct of these enterprise standards enable lessors to leverage their existing IT infrastructure with enhanced data standards, aligns with best in class leasing policies, and operates within a governance model that balances prescriptiveness and flexibility.
- Andy has additional experience across a vast array of industries with extensive experience in industrial products, life sciences, power and utilities, technology and telecommunications, retail, and consumer products. In addition to leading transaction teams, Andy supports his clients in the development and implementation of their capital allocation strategies and balance sheet optimization initiatives.
- Andy received his B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering with a concentration in Economics from Lehigh University. He holds an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) designation in Machinery and Technical Specialties from the American Society of Appraisers. Additionally he holds the designation of Chartered Valuation Surveyor (MRICS) from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors