Mr. Boras is a senior manager in Crowe's Assurance Professional Practice (APP) group, which is Crowe's national office. As a member of APP, Mr. Boras provides technical guidance on governmental and not-for-profit accounting and auditing matters to the firm's professionals and clients. He also participates in the firm's internal quality review and performs preissuance reviews of audit engagement deliverables. Mr. Boras has authored newsletters and comment letters to accounting proposals on behalf of Crowe. He has also developed and/or lead Continuing Education Training programs related to the Yellow Book, Uniform Guidance Auditing and GASB Statement Implementation.
Prior to joining Crowe's national office, Mr. Boras served as a senior manager in the public sector services audit practice providing auditing and consulting services to governmental and not-for profit organizations. He has more than twenty years of total experience.
Mr. Boras has experience with many types of governmental entities, including cities, counties, townships, K-12 school districts, public 4-year universities, community colleges, state and local pension & other post-retirement benefit plans, transportation and other business type activity entities, public risk insurance pools, and joint power authorities. In 2020, he began serving his first term as a member of the AICPA State and Local Government Expert Panel.
Education, Certifications, Professional Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting | Marquette University | Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) | State and Local Government Expert Panel
- Illinois CPA Society | Governmental Report Review Committee | Government Content Advisory Group
- Government Finance Officers Association | Special Review Committee