Al has over 25 years of experience in the accounting profession. After working primarily as a partner and National Director of Audit in the firm of McGladrey and Pullen, LLP and with the American Institute of CPAs as Senior Vice President of Member and Public Interest, Al founded ACCOUNT-ability Plus headquartered in Minneapolis. Al’s experience in the world of auditing reaches far and wide. This includes helping to standardize the global audit approach of McGladrey and Pullen, overseeing the AICPA’s technical audit and accounting standards, including self-regulation and the CPA examination and implementing paperless solutions.
Al represented the AICPA on:
- Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (FASAC)
- Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO)
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- International Innovation Network (IIN)
- Enhanced Business Reporting Consortium (EBRC)
Al also has been frequent speaker at conferences nationally and internationally.