Amish Mehta is a Partner and the Nonprofit Practice Leader at the accounting firm of Friedman LLP. His clients include well-known social service organizations, higher education institutions, private foundations, cultural institutions and religious organizations, among others.
His experience includes:
- Seamlessly transitioning new client engagements
- Developing and overseeing the planning and execution of the firm's tailored audit approach
- Responding to evolving regulatory requirements
- Providing advice to clients on enhancing internal controls
- Sharing industry-best practices and updating clients on issues crucial to the not-for-profit sector
- Ensuring transparency in financial reporting and disclosure
- Performing financial statement, Uniform Guidance and employee benefit plan audits Amish has served as a writer of training materials and an instructor in audit methodology and not-for-profit service issues for staff at all levels of experience.
He has led seminars on topics such as Introduction to Not-for-Profit Accounting, Uniform Guidance, Governance and Transparency and has extensive experience speaking and writing on topics relevant to the not-for-profit industry. He has also served as a reviewer in Peer Review and Risk Quality Reviews of audit engagements with a focus on not-for-profit institutions. Amish is an active contributor to Friedman's Nonprofit Advisor newsletter.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Member, Peer Reviewer, Conference Speaker)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (Member, Not-for-Profit Committee)
- New York Society of Association Executives (Board Member)
- DFK International, Chair, Not-for-Profit Committee
- Long Island Community Foundation (Member, Professional Advisory Committee)