William T. Kriesel, CPA/PFS, CFP®, AEP® is partner in charge of the financial planning subsidiary of Bowers & Company, CPAs PLLC, B&C Planning Services, LLC, a New York State Registered Investment Advisor. Bill is also a partner in the tax department of Bowers & Company, CPAs, PLLC. Bowers has fourteen partners and a total staff of seventy. Bill is also managing partner of Diversified Capital Management, LLC. Originally from Syracuse, New York, Bill graduated LeMoyne College, B.S. (Accounting) in 1986, and has been a CPA since 1989. Areas of expertise include: tax planning, research and compliance, financial planning, estate and retirement planning and business advisory services.
Bill has authored articles for the following publications:
• The Importance of Risk Profiling in Financial Planning - NYSSCPAs Tax Stringer
• Partnership Income Tax Strategies to Accomplish Estate Planning Goals – CPA Journal, May 2017
• The Pluses and Minuses of Variable Annuities – CPA Journal, September, 2015
• Estate Enhancement Plan – CPA Journal, September, 2012
• Creative Uses for Insurance – CPA Journal, November, 2010
• Contributing Writer – National Income Tax Workbook, multiple years including 2017
Licenses and certifications include:
• Licensed CPA in the State of New York
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
• Accredited Estate Planner (AEP)
• Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
• Licensed as a Registered Principal and a Life, Health and Accident Agent .
Bill’s professional and community activities include:
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
• Past Chair of the Financial Planning Committee for the NYSSCPA
• Board Member and Treasurer – LiteracyCNY
• Past - Board Member, President - Estate Planning Council of Central New York
• Past - Member, Board of Directors, Treasurer of Home Aides of Central New York, Inc.
• Past – Member Board of Directors, Treasurer of the Syracuse Opera Company, Inc.
The 2012 Eldercare Celebrity Open was held in honor of Bill, recognizing him as a distinguished professional and prominent community volunteer. Bill was also honored as a recipient of the inaugural "40 UNDER 40" award. This award, affiliated with the Syracuse Chamber of Commerce is awarded to outstanding business and civic leaders under the age of 40.