Four nationally known experts go at it as they debate some of the top issues in business valuation. You will hear their various views on major areas of controversy. Sometimes they will agree, but sometimes they will not. That’s where the showdown begins. Topics will include:
• What do you do when the court doesn’t accept a valid methodology, like DCF?
• BV Standards - Do attorneys and the courts really care?
• Cost of capital and growth rates - What’s really reasonable and how do you know?
• Tax affecting pass-through entities - Why something so simple is so hard to explain.
• The standard of value and what it really means.
• Working with attorneys, including deposition and trial testimony.
• How to determine reasonable compensation.
• What to do when the books and records of the company don’t include all the income, or overstate expenses.