New Section 199A offers a 20% deduction to owners of certain pass-through businesses. In this seminar, Tony Nitti will break down the statutory language as well as the proposed regulations, helping attendees understand who qualifies for the deduction and how it is computed.
1. Understanding the basic structure of Section 199A.
2. Defining key terms: QBI, SSTB, trade or business, UBIA, W-2 wages, etc.
3. Identifying the critical taxable income threshold at which the determination of the Section 199A deduction goes from simple to complex.
4. Identifying specified service trades or businesses
5. Understanding aggregation rules, allocation of W-2 wages, and netting of income and losses.