With the initial phases of CECL implementation underway, bankers are making progress toward compliance while gaining a better understanding of the practical challenges that remain. Join SAS and KPMG LLP as they share observations from the field and provide insights on where organizations should be focusing their energy.
• How current conditions can impact the historical experience and reasonable and supportable forecasted credit losses
• Governance and control: first-line activities to ensure a governed and controlled CECL estimate
• Management information reporting and external disclosure: what information will management need to make decisions and how does it relate to key CECL external disclosures?
• ACL close process: data flows, technology, risk and accounting activities under business as usual context under the quarterly close process timeline
• The second and third line: who are they, what should they do and when do they start?