Did you know that Microsoft has quietly been turbocharging Excel by integrating industrial-strength Business Intelligence and Reporting engines into it? Did you know that these new capabilities are 100% built for YOU, and that you can be successful with them in your first day? This session will empower attendees with absolutely game-changing Excel-based tools that dramatically accelerate data-driven decisions. In the session, attendees will experience an end-to-end walkthrough of these tools, including multi-data source import, rapid data shaping and cleansing, the creation of “portable” formulas that can be re-used across all subsequent analysis, and the construction of insightful reports and dashboards.
Target Audience: This session will be geared towards anyone who performs financial planning and analysis in Excel and is looking to simultaneously make smarter decisions while eliminating repetitious, manual labor. Anyone who is responsible for forecasting, analysis, and budgeting will find this introduction (to the tools listed below) to be quite literally a life-changing event.
Minimum Requirements for Session: Attendees may opt to simply “observe and absorb” this session, or may also opt to follow along with it on their own laptops.
Attendees who opt to follow along with the session MUST bring a laptop with the proper software already installed:
• Excel 2013 with Power Pivot and Power Query installed
• Excel 2016 Professional or higher
• Excel 2010 with Power Pivot installed
Learning Objectives Include:
• Full overview of the Microsoft Power BI suite
• New tools and skills that can dramatically improve Excel based forecasting and budgeting
• Clear and tangible ROI you can take back to your business immediately
• Knowledge and assistance from a thought leader in the Power BI world (Rob Collie)