Considerations with respect to the taxation and reporting of employee pension plans for cross-border employees. By the end of the session, the participant should be able to
• Identify and describe US tax implications of participation in non-U.S. pension schemes
• Describe the difference between funded and unfunded plans
• Consider differences between defined contribution and defined benefit plans
• Identify the section 402(b) tax treatment for a US taxpayer
• Describe the special “grantor trust” rule for foreign plans subject to section 402(b)
• Identify and describe US information reporting requirements resulting from participation in non-U.S. pension schemes.