This session will review the fiduciary responsibilities in preventing fraud and the auditor’s responsibility related to fraud. The session will also review the fraud risks that are unique to benefit plans.
Attendees of this session will:
• Recall how to recognize a plan’s exposure to fraud risk
• Identify the fiduciary responsibilities concerning protecting plan data
• Recognize internal controls that mitigate the risk of fraud
• Identify the how, when and to whom to communicate risks, deficiencies and errors due to fraud
• Recall the auditor’s responsibility if fraud is discovered