1. What are the 3 “myths” that keep tenants from getting the best deals
• myth of market • myth of transparency • myth of power
2. Understand the trap of renewing your lease too early • how much is earlier rent reduction really worth? • how much are you giving up by not going into the market to compete your requirement?
3. Learn the 5 key numbers that will tell you how low your current landlord should go to renew your lease • understand the tenants costs of renewing the lease versus moving. • understand the impact on the landlord's books of retaining a tenant or having to replace a tenant
4. Avoid the 4 common mistakes tenants make that cost them big dollars • turnkey construction versus construction allowance - how do the numbers really work? • rentable square feet and building efficiency - what metrics should you use in comparing buildings? • net lease versus gross leases - watching the escalations. • ways of billing operating costs and electricity usage
Helping Your Client’s Understand the Numbers & Strategies of Leasing The real estate industry stacks the cards against a tenant in any leasing transaction. This program will give you the knowledge to advise your clients who face a leasing decision on how to structure their process to get the best lease transaction possible. It's easy if you have the right information and the right strategies.