This includes sessions from the conference: EDGE Career Development (as part of ENGAGE 2020)
The Association (unified voice of AICPA & CIMA) and CPA.com launched a shark-tank style startup accelerator three years ago with a focus on FinTech and EdTech solutions. Its purpose is to foster innovation and bring emerging technologies to the accounting profession. Investment into new technologies and solutions is critical for not only staying ahead of the curve, but providing client-centric service. In this session, you will hear about trends in FinTech developments and see the 4 startup companies that make up the 2020 cohort. These solutions have a leading role in a diverse range of categories including: crypto-asset management, financial impacts of climate change, accounting task automation and cash flow management.
· Discover trends in FinTech that are impacting the profession and your role
· Hear from the front lines of designing new tech for business
· Learn about the 4 startups that are members of the third cohort of the Association and CPA.com Startup Accelerator
· Get inspired to rethink how you can leverage emerging technologies to be ahead of mass adoption
While disruption fuels innovation, it also creates great uncertainty. This session explores what it takes to be an adaptive leader, inspire and invest in people, and drives short-term and long-term results while navigating uncertainty.
· Identify the top 5 attributes of adaptive leaders and how to apply them in your own business
· Recognize 4 ways to inspire and invest in your team to drive results
· Determine 3 strategies for harnessing disruption to deliver results
Join this exciting special Town Hall with AICPA Leadership to hear about the latest issues affecting the profession and how we're working to help guide the way forward. We'll cover things like:
- the Firms role in business relief and restarting of the economy
- How firms are operating in new normal environment, and;
- Online platforms and new firm strategies to drive success.
· Identify your role in business relief and restarting of the economy
· Identify how to operate in the new normal
· Recognize the AICPA resources and tools
Half of finance leaders surveyed for the CGMA report Re-inventing Finance for a Digital World said that the competencies of their teams must "change significantly" over the next three years as technology takes over routine tasks and as finance teams seek to drive greater value. This is supported by a recent report co-authored by KPMG called Finance Transformation: The Human Perspective that said that more than ever, there is a need to create a more agile, strategically capable workforce. Yet under investment in people and skills means many finance professionals are ill-equipped to face a digital future.
Are we focusing on technology at the expense of the people who power it?
This session will leave you with some tools and takeaways to evolve and develop your finance talent.
· Identify how leveraging digital technologies has changed the skills landscape
· Determine how this is driving new operating models and shapes of the finance function
· Consider how skills and competencies of finance professionals need to evolve
Join this session sponsored by the AICPA’s Women Initiatives Executive Committee and National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion, to hear panelists not only present the challenges that women face, but also expand upon how those challenges present for women of color, and how allyship and sponsorship are critical to advancement.Speaker(s):
Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion Vice-Chair and Past AICPA Chairman, will walk participants through the components of her June 9th Journal of Accountancy article entitled, “Together, we can make a difference: A 12-step plan to address racism and unconscious bias,” and provide additional context around how best to incorporate the steps.Speaker(s):
As a part 2 to Kimberly Ellison-Taylor’s Inclusion is Good for Business-A 12-Step plan session, members of the AICPA’s National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion will share their successes and lessons learned around their implementation of Kimberly Ellison-Taylor’s suggested 12-step plan to address racism and unconscious bias in their respective workplaces.Speaker(s):
In this session, the AICPA member-facing Diversity & Inclusion Team will highlight some of their activities and resources to support firms, professionals, students and educators.
The COVID-19 pandemic is accelerating change in the profession. Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA, and other AICPA senior leaders will discuss how the profession is addressing disruption and reimagining its services to remain trusted advisers in a complex, rapidly changing world. Topics will include the innovation of core services, new and emerging technologies and the evolution of CPA licensure.Speaker(s):
Resilience is the power or ability to recover readily. We talk about resilience in our personal lives, but what does it look like in business? How can we strengthen our resiliency in our professional lives to better meet the challenges that we face everyday? Let's explore what resiliency looks like and how to build our resiliency "muscles" in this interactive session! Grab Your Grit and Give Your Gifts as you experience the Resiliency Revelation!Speaker(s):