This includes sessions from the conference: Advanced Estate Planning (as part of ENGAGE 2020)
This discussion covers AICPA tax advocacy efforts regarding legislative and regulatory proposals and developments in trust, estate and gift tax, including updates related to tax guidance for the Coronavirus pandemic, CARES Act, and the Secure Act.
The AICPA Trust, Estate and Gift Tax Technical Resource Panel (TRP) of experts will answer questions about the latest developments. Attendees will have the opportunity to exchange ideas with the TRP representatives and their conference peers.
· Learn about various legislative and regulatory proposals and the potential impact on one's practice in the trust, estate and gift tax areas.
· Become familiar with the latest developments and emerging issues in the trust, estate and gift tax areas
· Learn what the AICPA is advocating for members with the IRS, Treasury and Congress in the trust, estate and gift tax areas
The Association (unified voice of AICPA & CIMA) and CPA.com launched a shark-tank style startup accelerator three years ago with a focus on FinTech and EdTech solutions. Its purpose is to foster innovation and bring emerging technologies to the accounting profession. Investment into new technologies and solutions is critical for not only staying ahead of the curve, but providing client-centric service. In this session, you will hear about trends in FinTech developments and see the 4 startup companies that make up the 2020 cohort. These solutions have a leading role in a diverse range of categories including: crypto-asset management, financial impacts of climate change, accounting task automation and cash flow management.
· Discover trends in FinTech that are impacting the profession and your role
· Hear from the front lines of designing new tech for business
· Learn about the 4 startups that are members of the third cohort of the Association and CPA.com Startup Accelerator
· Get inspired to rethink how you can leverage emerging technologies to be ahead of mass adoption
Join this exciting special Town Hall with AICPA Leadership to hear about the latest issues affecting the profession and how we're working to help guide the way forward. We'll cover things like:
- the Firms role in business relief and restarting of the economy
- How firms are operating in new normal environment, and;
- Online platforms and new firm strategies to drive success.
· Identify your role in business relief and restarting of the economy
· Identify how to operate in the new normal
· Recognize the AICPA resources and tools
Small-business owners secured a major recruitment tool and an enhanced tax credit offering with the passage of the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement (SECURE) Act. The bill is the most significant retirement savings reform legislation in nearly 15 years, and addresses many of the hurdles facing small-business owners who put off starting a retirement plan due to start-up costs, administration, and compliance requirements.
Attend this webinar and learn about the details of the bill and why small businesses should put a retirement plan in place to take advantage of increased tax credits and other benefits of the act.
· Review the provisions of the Act
· Discuss details on the new tax credits and how your clients can qualify for them
· Highlight the advantages of a 401(k) plan and discuss tax strategies that can benefit your clients
This session will offer practical and actionable guidance in a range of financial, insurance and wealth transfer and related planning topics including: how to guide clients to organize their financial and estate planning data, basic estate planning documents to ensure clients have in place now and why they may differ, investment and insurance planning considerations, wealth transfer and asset protection strategies, asset location strategies, insurance considerations and more. This course will provide practitioners with a holistic overview of the steps to consult with and review the state of affairs of every clients planning.
This session will summarize and evaluate the tax legislation that has been enacted in response to the COVID 19 crisis, additional pending legislative proposals, former Vice President Biden’s tax plans and tax legislation suggested by the Trump Administration. Particular attention will be paid to taxes affecting individuals, including income, wealth and transfer taxes.Speaker(s):
This session will address the importance of grantor trusts in the tax and estate planning process. It will cover the most important rules to be followed, and will then describe the variety of planning tools that are available when grantor trusts are utilized. The session will explore alternatives to grantor trusts if political uncertainty raises questions about their continued viability.Speaker(s):
This session will discuss planning for the GST tax on trusts that are nonexempt from GST tax.
Learning objectives include:
(1) Review the GST rules that apply to nonexempt trusts and how they differ from the estate and gift tax rules.
(2) Understand the challenges of planning for the payment of GST tax on both large and small nonexempt trusts.
(3) Consider ways the grantor, trustee and beneficiaries of nonexempt trusts can plan for the mitigation or payment of GST tax.Speaker(s):
Join this session sponsored by the AICPA’s Women Initiatives Executive Committee and National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion, to hear panelists not only present the challenges that women face, but also expand upon how those challenges present for women of color, and how allyship and sponsorship are critical to advancement.Speaker(s):