This includes sessions from ENGAGE 2020:
Please join Dell Technologies as they host an information session with Scott Smith on modernizing your business with Microsoft Teams and M365. During these times, communication is more virtual than ever. Learn a fresh approach to managing devices, securing end points, and boosting productivity. While every team is unique, one thing that is consistent is that every team will need a variety of apps and tools to get their work done. From chat, video meetings, and calling – learn how to customize and extend your workspace.
· Understand how Microsoft Teams can transform communication
· Understand different Microsoft 365 platforms
Client and staff needs have changed dramatically in the last few months, leaving many accounting firms scrambling to adjust. Fortunately, digital workflow technologies are already helping firms work and collaborate remotely, without sacrificing efficiency. This 50-minute solution session will cover:
This discussion covers AICPA tax advocacy efforts regarding legislative and regulatory proposals and developments in trust, estate and gift tax, including updates related to tax guidance for the Coronavirus pandemic, CARES Act, and the Secure Act.
The AICPA Trust, Estate and Gift Tax Technical Resource Panel (TRP) of experts will answer questions about the latest developments. Attendees will have the opportunity to exchange ideas with the TRP representatives and their conference peers.
· Learn about various legislative and regulatory proposals and the potential impact on one's practice in the trust, estate and gift tax areas.
· Become familiar with the latest developments and emerging issues in the trust, estate and gift tax areas
· Learn what the AICPA is advocating for members with the IRS, Treasury and Congress in the trust, estate and gift tax areas
Clients are looking to their CPA financial planners for answers. They are asking about their investments, the market, volatility, and tax planning opportunities, as well as other financial planning concerns. You will hear from two CPA financial planners who will share effective communication techniques when dealing with clients during a crisis, as well as how they respond to the common questions clients are asking.
· Learn communication techniques to help clients deal with the stress from the pandemic.
· Understand how to discuss investment planning in a volatile market with your clients.
· Discuss tax planning opportunities related to the Cares Act.
The Association (unified voice of AICPA & CIMA) and CPA.com launched a shark-tank style startup accelerator three years ago with a focus on FinTech and EdTech solutions. Its purpose is to foster innovation and bring emerging technologies to the accounting profession. Investment into new technologies and solutions is critical for not only staying ahead of the curve, but providing client-centric service. In this session, you will hear about trends in FinTech developments and see the 4 startup companies that make up the 2020 cohort. These solutions have a leading role in a diverse range of categories including: crypto-asset management, financial impacts of climate change, accounting task automation and cash flow management.
How is your practice preparing for tomorrow? Adding the latest technology isn’t enough anymore. The tax profession is evolving in many aspects and at a rapid pace. Join us for an interactive discussion on changes being driven by tax law changes, staff, clients, competitors and technology. Learn how your practice will be impacted and the AICPA resources available to help your business evolve.
· Understand the challenges involved with a changing tax landscape.
· Identify tax planning opportunities for a more productive and efficient practice.
Hornets? Hackers? Cybersecurity? Roman will be presenting the latest cybersecurity threats that CPA Firms are facing and what your firm can do to remediate the threat . He will also lay the groundwork for your firm's security briefing. This session will cover:
The Intuit ecosystem is growing to accommodate more tools and accelerated capabilities, continuing to highlight Intuit as a trusted partner for professionals and firms all over the world. The role of the professional continues to evolve rapidly as technology and data are enabling automation while providing deeper insights to help clients achieve their goals. These shifts are key enablers to reducing time spent on compliance work and to enable more effective and efficient advisory services, and the transition requires us to work together to leverage the collective wisdom and knowledge of the professional, tax and accounting software providers, and third parties to deliver solutions that help firms and their clients prosper today and in the future.
· Drive awareness of resources and tools available to tax and accounting professionals to help their clients navigate these difficult times
· Provide an overview of the solutions we are providing to help firms more effectively and efficiently meet their clients' needs.
While disruption fuels innovation, it also creates great uncertainty. This session explores what it takes to be an adaptive leader, inspire and invest in people, and drives short-term and long-term results while navigating uncertainty.
· Identify the top 5 attributes of adaptive leaders and how to apply them in your own business
· Recognize 4 ways to inspire and invest in your team to drive results
· Determine 3 strategies for harnessing disruption to deliver results
With approximately 10% of US taxpayers owning crypto currencies and as the use of blockchain technology, in general, becomes more widespread, it stands to reason this emerging technology will have a significant impact on businesses and accounting firms worldwide. Join us as we discuss the fundamental concepts in blockchain, the implications of the current operating environment on blockchain adoption, how firms can position themselves for the advisory opportunities being created by blockchain technology and the latest on how firms are helping clients comply with virtual currency tax preparation.
· Understand the key components of blockchain and discuss use cases and their impact on the accounting profession
· Discuss the evolution of audit
· Gain insight into the latest developments in crypto asset tax
· Recognize the unique challenges of crypto tax accounting and how to guide clients
· Leverage crypto tax preparation tools to aggregate client transaction data and calculate capital gains and losses