This includes sessions from: CPAFMA Practice Management (as part of AICPA ENGAGE 2018)
For some reason, no amount of logic or persuasion can move the people in your firm to do the things that, objectively speaking, are the right things to do. Whether it be around instituting a new process, software or employee-related practice, there is always resistance. This presentation will expound on the primary human and organizational dynamics that make change difficult and how to work with the natural human responses to accelerate change. Drawing on the decades of research in human behavior and motivation, participants will learn how to influence the choices and actions of others to move beyond status quo.
Drawing on human behavior research, participants will understand:
• How change initiatives are perceived as threatening and elicit resistance;
• Apply resistance tendencies to specific individual and firm efforts;
• And learn effective strategies to engage and overcome normal resistance tendencies.
Talent recruitment is critical, and attracting the right talent requires a focused, proactive plan.
In this session, we will discuss:
• How to build a proactive approach to recruiting in your firm and share what innovative firms are doing to recruit staff.
• What attracts the right candidates and how to sell your firm
• How to write attractive job descriptions that sell job openings
• Strategies and tactics for a proactive recruiting effort that works
Join thought leaders for a collaborative discussion as they tell their story of success with creating an incredible, sustainable culture and why it works (#MRZCULTure). Culture is hard to define from a managing partner perspective and this session will offer practical suggestions and advice on implementing a culture that works from unlimited PTO to branding, partner pathing, transparency and other things that Millennials REALLY want.
The session will:
• Empower and motivate attendees to return to their firms to tackle change and create a cool culture
• Define Culture and why it is important and how firm culture impacts staffing
• Give real life examples of the 5 P's of Culture, Place, People, Passion, Purpose, Practices
• Discuss tools and technological components that make a firm a great place to work
• Discuss how to generate and evaluate new ideas in your firm and share takeaways from the author of Violent Leadership
Pre-registration is required for these lunch sessions – seats are limited.Speaker(s):
For online audience only
Join U.S. Tax Reform Speakers including Martin Finn, Sid Kess and Bob Keebler and ask any lingering questions you may have on U.S. Tax Reform.
Maintaining growth and profit in a competitive landscape begins with delivering better experiences to current clients.
This session will:
• Give you an inside perspective on the framework for building, managing and monitoring client experience initiatives.
• Learn the key components of providing sustainability of your current practice with real-life examples from a CX industry veteran.
• Understand the role of client experience (CX) management in firm operations and financial success
• Learn tactics and approaches to help increase loyalty and rentention
• See real-life examples of how to improve client experiences in your firm
When clients don’t spend their annuities, they are in them for long term tax deferred growth. If distributions by beneficiaries are not managed properly, it can create an income tax nightmare. In this session we will explore tax smart exit strategies to maximize the after tax value of non-qualified annuities.
• Learn how to extract annuity basis as a lump sum while stretching the gains
• Learn how to make lifetime gifts of annuities without a taxable event
• Learn how to build multi-generational income streamsSpeaker(s):
This session will discuss how to ride the approaching wave of financial advice technology to engage customers and grow your business. Will will discuss:
Change 1: Increased Productivity
Change 2: MCDI will change Investment Implementation
Change 3: Clients have access to everything… in the way they want to access it
1. The modern industry can serve significantly more customers with less manpower when leveraging technology correctly
2. Technological advances will also make modern advisors more productive, able to offer more services such as real-time financial statements and integrated financial planning
3. Investment strategies will soon be standardized and customized to meet the growing tech capabilities
4. Today’s investors want their financial services to be more accessible and available through a singular sourceSpeaker(s):
In today’s world, we are continually looking for the latest leadership “theories” that we can implement that will make us better leaders, help motivate others and get them to follow our lead. Yes, you need to be intelligent, effectively communicate, have experience and other leadership qualities but those will only get you so far. The proven way to positively influence others and get them to “want” to follow you is to “Serve” them. In this session, we will define “Servant Leadership” and identify steps to take to become a Servant Leader.
• Define Servant Leadership
• Discuss qualities of a Servant Leader
• Answer the question, ‘Why should I follow you?’
• Dispel common leadership myths
• Discuss if you are a Servant Leader
• Learn the difference between leading and managing
• Identify the process for developing Leadership skillsSpeaker(s):
Discussion of firms options in Succession Planning. Including ideas as to how to execute a plan.
• Understand firm options
• Assistance in execution of chosen option
Effectively getting associates engaged in what’s most important in achieving your practice’s strategic and operational goals puts dollars on the top and bottom line. Internal communications efforts continue to fail at gaining attention and making an impact. This session will give you 18 practical ideas to take back and implement immediately to make improvements and progress. Examples will be shared to brings the ideas to life. Attendees will also have time to collaborate and share ideas that work in their firms. The last session of the day promises to be light-hearted and fun.
• Identify unique methods to enhance readability of firm messaging
• Understand approaches to attract associates’ attention
• Developing a broad perspective of communication planning systems
• Collect practical ideas that are easy to implement and replicate