This includes sessions from: CPAFMA Practice Management (as part of AICPA ENGAGE 2018)
Responding to pushback—whether its on investment questions, fees or other client experience issues--can occasionally trip up even the most seasoned advisor, and mean the difference between landing and losing that next prospect! Hear from Ernest Clark on key ways to keep the conversation focused and build confidence.Speaker(s):
Firms that currently serve the Baby Boomers and Silent Generation clients know they will need to attract the younger generations to maintain the longevity of their firm. Forging a relationship with their clients' children is great for both the parents and their children. Yet most struggle to figure out how to connect with and provide planning services for younger generations. This session will provide you with specific recommendations for how to successfully and profitably serve NexGen clients by leveraging technology and workflow automation. Deborah Fox will share how she and her team built this service tier in their firm and what specific components made it a resounding success.
- Provide ideas for successfully serving NexGen clients, especially the children of their existing clients
- Discuss examples of how Deborah structured this service in her own firm (what to do, but more importantly, what NOT to do
Navigating the tax law changes can be tricky; it can be even harder to explain to clients how they are impacted. Whether your clients need help changing their estate structure, modifying their charitable giving strategy, considering new choices for funding college education or just navigating the complexities of retirement, you can be the primary point of contact to help them through tax (and life’s) changes. In this session, you’ll learn how to take what you know about the tax code and apply it to your individual clients in a proactive way with planning as the center of everything.
- Learning Objectives:
o How to capitalize on tax reform as a conversation to dive deeper with clients
o Understand planning opportunities that arise from the new tax law and client life transitions
o Explore options and best practices for proactively deepening client relationships
o Learn how maximize your complimentary membership with Broadridge Advisor (this tools is included with PFP Section membership)Speaker(s):
Demonstrate your firm’s commitment to the personal and professional development of your team by allowing them paid time to read at the start of each day. Use the PCPS toolkit to help kick start the program in your firm! Learning Objectives:
Learn how to kick start a successful reading program at your firm.
Learn the benefits of reading for 15 minutes at the start of each day.
Today, a staggering number of Americans do not have access to a workplace retirement savings program, and many have little or nothing saved for their golden years. As your business clients’ most trusted advisor, you are well positioned to help address this issue. Join our session to uncover critical retirement strategies and opportunities to further assist your clients in achieving their financial goals.
• Review current state of retirement readiness and the regulatory environment
• Compare features and options to maximize savings potential
• Highlight the exclusive benefits provided by the AICPA to help you and your clients prepare for retirement security
Giving back is more than a social responsibility, it's the right thing to do. Outreach boosts employee morale, leadership opportunities and the bottom line. Firms are continually challenged to create a local presence and show that they want team members who live, work and invest in the community. Cultivating a culture of service can have a significant impact on communities and firms. This early riser session will feature a charitable organization’s leader and panel of firm managers who have has successfully established an outreach culture within their firms. Participants will be provided with information on how to communicate your core values of outreach; prioritize and encourage; create unity; build a team; get connected; generate publicity and provide resources and funding.
• Give firms clear takeaways about how to incorporate service and giving into their company culture
• Learn how to get employees excited about these opportunities and create a team culture around service and volunteerism
In this session, you will discover how to leverage the latest trends in the Retirement Plan Industry for maximum tax advantages for both large and small business owners.
• How to Bring Value to Clients in their retirement plan
• Update to the Fiduciary Rule
• Understanding Fees and how to gain the most tax efficient fee structure
• Mega Backdoor Roth
• Rothification of Retirement
• HSAs are the New Retirement account
• Trends in the Not for Profit industry 403b/457b/fSpeaker(s):
In an employee’s market, firms must continually introduce new and innovative employee engagement strategies. At the top of the talent expectations list is the ability to complete work at a time and place of our choosing. This demand for Anytime, Anywhere WorkTM is driving CPA firm leaders to give up their attachment to their traditional work values of “face time” and mandated office hours and move to more flexible, virtual and remote work programs.
Attend this session to explore:
• Four “must-haves” to win in a flexible work environment -
– Trusting first
– Eliminating mandatory work periods
– Stomping out sludge
– Fixing fuzzy delegation and managing with meaningful measures
• The necessary behaviors and mindset to successfully manage flexible work programs
• Specific strategies to help your team deliver services in time and place-independent ways
Does your audit team efficiently perform analytics as part of the audit? Are you able to efficiently collaborate with your client? Current audit quality initiatives coupled with increased fee pressures have auditors looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality without sacrificing efficiency. In addition, being future ready is important because your clients want an accountant who can proactively leverage technology to provide them better client service. We will discuss top trends impacting the profession and learn the value behind the expanded capabilities.
• Learn practical ways how to incorporate analytics as part of your audit.
• Learn common peer review deficiencies and how to use technology to improve the quality of your audit.
Join us to look at tax law changes in 2018 - what has changed and what is needed to maximize the incentives.
• Research & Development credit - significance, who it applies to and how to position your company to take advantage of the credit
• Cost Segregation Studies - what has changed in 2018, types of qualified property and changes in bonus depreciation
• 179D Energy Efficient Deduction - who is this deduction for and how to use this deduction for projectsSpeaker(s):