This includes sessions from the conference: Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference (as part of AICPA ENGAGE 2018)
For small firm owners and sole practitioners, this roundtable is the perfect opportunity to share insights about fundamental issues concerning all small firms. Develop your own network of public accounting colleagues, who are ready to offer professional support and advice.
Upon completing this session, you will:
• Have a better understanding of practice management issues firms are facing and will have suggestions on how to tackle some of those issues
This year during the IMTA Town Hall, Steve Ursillo will discuss current cyber threats as they relate to small/medium size firms and the impact. As it is a town hall format, there will be lots of time for questions and answers.
• Find out what cyber issues pose a threat to your small/medium firm/business
• Strategize what you can do to prevent these threats
• Ask our expert your questions
Responding to pushback—whether its on investment questions, fees or other client experience issues--can occasionally trip up even the most seasoned advisor, and mean the difference between landing and losing that next prospect! Hear from Ernest Clark on key ways to keep the conversation focused and build confidence.Speaker(s):
Firms that currently serve the Baby Boomers and Silent Generation clients know they will need to attract the younger generations to maintain the longevity of their firm. Forging a relationship with their clients' children is great for both the parents and their children. Yet most struggle to figure out how to connect with and provide planning services for younger generations. This session will provide you with specific recommendations for how to successfully and profitably serve NexGen clients by leveraging technology and workflow automation. Deborah Fox will share how she and her team built this service tier in their firm and what specific components made it a resounding success.
- Provide ideas for successfully serving NexGen clients, especially the children of their existing clients
- Discuss examples of how Deborah structured this service in her own firm (what to do, but more importantly, what NOT to do
Navigating the tax law changes can be tricky; it can be even harder to explain to clients how they are impacted. Whether your clients need help changing their estate structure, modifying their charitable giving strategy, considering new choices for funding college education or just navigating the complexities of retirement, you can be the primary point of contact to help them through tax (and life’s) changes. In this session, you’ll learn how to take what you know about the tax code and apply it to your individual clients in a proactive way with planning as the center of everything.
- Learning Objectives:
o How to capitalize on tax reform as a conversation to dive deeper with clients
o Understand planning opportunities that arise from the new tax law and client life transitions
o Explore options and best practices for proactively deepening client relationships
o Learn how maximize your complimentary membership with Broadridge Advisor (this tools is included with PFP Section membership)Speaker(s):
Demonstrate your firm’s commitment to the personal and professional development of your team by allowing them paid time to read at the start of each day. Use the PCPS toolkit to help kick start the program in your firm! Learning Objectives:
Learn how to kick start a successful reading program at your firm.
Learn the benefits of reading for 15 minutes at the start of each day.
Today, a staggering number of Americans do not have access to a workplace retirement savings program, and many have little or nothing saved for their golden years. As your business clients’ most trusted advisor, you are well positioned to help address this issue. Join our session to uncover critical retirement strategies and opportunities to further assist your clients in achieving their financial goals.
• Review current state of retirement readiness and the regulatory environment
• Compare features and options to maximize savings potential
• Highlight the exclusive benefits provided by the AICPA to help you and your clients prepare for retirement security
Businesses today face more regulatory demands than ever before. In response, accountants are seeking to increase their client engagement regarding important legislation, creating more strategic, consultative opportunities. Join this session to learn about the latest regulatory items that are impacting businesses. Ensuring that your clients address these areas wisely further strengthens and expands your advisory role.
• Discuss the top federal and state regulatory items related to tax reform, employment law, health care reform, privacy/cybersecurity, and retirement plan administration
• Highlight the latest payroll-related legislative trends and developments
• Review resources and consultative opportunities
If you've ever thought about adding payroll services at your firm, now's the time to make your move. In 2017, payroll services revenue was expected to grow by 4.3% with no slowdown in sight for the new year. By 2022, payroll is predicted to be an $85.6 billion industry. Technological advances and changes in the business environment have created unprecedented opportunities for firms of any size. For years, accounting professionals labeled payroll as hassle-ridden - considering it to be highly complex and lacking in profit potential. How things have changed. Today, payroll services represent one of the most important growth opportunities in the tax and accounting profession; that is, if the right strategy is adopted to match your level of commitment.
• Discuss how technological advances have changed the payroll game, making it an easier and more profitable service to offer
• Share tips for marketing, branding and promoting payroll to your client base.
In this session we will discuss how cloud technology adoption is paving a way to a cultural shift in the accounting profession.
• How to champion the right skills and hire for the future of Accounting
• Where to start when it comes to embracing automation and new technology
• What pace of technology adoption is right for your organization?Speaker(s):